Ruins of the castle are on of the peaks off the Choc mountains, on the right side of the river Vah. The founder and also the age of this castle remain unknown. According to some sources, it was build by templar knights. The first owner was replaced in the year 1315.
The castle had many owners until the autumn of 1707 when the castle was conquered and burned down. In the eighties of 20th century, it was reconstructed for the first time.Source: www.muzeum.sk